Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rare McLuhan Audio

I rescued from cassette this talk that Marshall McLuhan gave at Johns Hopkins University in the mid 1970s. I have not found an audio file of this talk anywhere online. So far as I know it's an original contribution to the archive of McLuhan audio. Enjoy (audio starts at about 00:04).

This blog includes many posts that explicate and apply McLuhan's insights.

(note added 7/17/2010) :  I've had trouble getting audio players to work right on this page.  If you can recommend a reliable player to embed here, please let me know:   heresiarch[at]starlarvae.org .


Rare McLuhan audio

20 comments:

  1. This is great stuff. Thanks very much.
    Maurice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gratifying to see some enthusiasm for McLuhan out there. Thanks, all, for taking the time to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness. I was getting tired of repeating the Speaking Freely with Edwin Newman interview over and over again. Very cool SL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McLuhan mentions the TV series ROOTS in the recording so my guess is this is from 1977 or later ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. off topic but, please provide a volume control on your flash audio (unless I'm just missing it).

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you very much for this! This is awesome! If Marshall lived today, he´d certainly be a neuroscientist! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh..and i almost forgot..to "steppen" razor...i hope this´ll get amused! http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/12960029/mcluhan?tab=summary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard snippets of this talk, but never the whole thing.

    Thanks for taking time to make this available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the link, great stuff!
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have searched for this in all online resources i know of and you made my day..thanks a million!


    Education CV

    ReplyDelete